Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The BEST man I know

 This blog post is going to probably be really mushy and cheesy.

 I wanted to talk about my dear husband Scott: 
  I met Scott about 6 months or so before his mission I remember sitting on his curb while my friend was flirting with all of his friends, Scott walked over to me (cause he could tell I was having a miserable time) and sits next to me and asks "Do you like motorcycles?" I love them! So he got me out of that situation and took a stranger on a motorcycle ride (he almost killed me by the way) We we're pretty best friends after that.. We did everything together and eventually grew strong feelings towards one another, we dated for about 4 months and broke up because he was leaving for two years.
  I told him I wanted to try and wait for him, haha but that didn't go as planned because I got engaged and I broke that off and I almost went on a mission but when I got my papers I got a feeling that it just wasn't my time. I stuck around Utah I lived with my family and worked full time.       
  Scott came home in October of 2009 we hung out the second week he was home, we went to a movie and then went up to the Bountiful temple and walked around and talked and caught up with one another, it was like he never left he was the same fun guy but a little more grown up. 
  We started dating in December and he broke up with me in January. He left me heart broke because I fell in love with this punk. He felt like he needed to date more and not be tied down to one girl so soon off the mission. Well I started "dating" this other guy just so that Scott would notice me again, and it worked! Scott tried for several months to get back together and saying sorry, but I made him wait and realize I wasn't going to give into him that easily he needed to earn my trust back. 
  Scott asked me to come over one evening and of course I did because he was still my best friend, he ended up telling me that if I didn't see us getting married then we needed stop seeing each other even as friends.. I ended up crying my eyes out and telling him I don't ever want to see or hear from him ever again, on the way home that night as I was crying I felt something tell me that I was making a HUGE mistake and to tell the boy I love him! So the next day on Fathers day we decided to get married and he proposed on the 4th of July (both our favorite holiday) we've been attached at the hip ever since
 We got sealed in the Bountiful Temple on October 10th 2010, we walked in as two different families and walked out as one new one and It's been the best adventure ever!!
The man of my dreams
Our one year anniversary


Engagement picture

My favorite

4th of July under the fireworks, the day he proposed

Black out game, 3 weeks after we got married

Him proposing, we can't take ANYTHING serious

BEST day of my life!!
 Scott is the most kind hearted sincere guy I have even met, he would do anything for someone who needs a little help or be a friend to someone who needs it. He makes me the best version of myself and helps me along the way. I honestly don't know what I would do without this amazing man in my life and I thank Heavenly Father every day for him and all that he does for me and our future family.

No comments:

Post a Comment